This August Chase tried to blow past their competition by offering the undisputed ‘Best Card Ever’ – The Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Normally when someone asks ‘which is the best card for me?’ I tell them it depends on their travel goals… but in this case, its a no brainer. You get $600 worth of travel credit*, a TSA PreCheck Credit, AND 100,000 Points – the most one can get for any Chase Product in one sign up.
The Catch? The offer which has been around for months is about to expire on January 12th online, mid-March in branch. You also have to have a 700+ Credit Score to win this card, AND fall under Chase’s 5-24 rule.
Quick run down of the basic benefits:
- Sign-up bonus of 100,000 Chase Ultimate rewards after $4,000 in spending after 3 months
- $300 Annual Travel Credit (automatically applied to your account) – That includes Uber, AirBnB, Tolls, and airline and hotel purchases
- Lounge Access –A version of Priority Pass Select
- $100 Global Entry (or TSA PreCheck) Fee Credit
- Redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards for a 50% bonus (compared to 25% bonus with the Sapphire Preferred)
- 1:1 Point Transfer to Chase Transfer Partners
- 3x Earning on Dining & Travel Expenditures
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
Downside: $450 Annual Fee (Not Waived), $75 for Authorized Users
YES $450 sounds high, but you get $300 in Travel Reimbursement EACH CALENDAR YEAR- which means this card MAKES YOU $150 in profit, PLUS the value of points, which will be AT LEAST $1,040 in cash / much more if you redeem for points on a flight in the future.
100,000 Points can get you:
- 4 Nights an an All Inclusive Hyatt, which includes Drinks/Food in 6 Caribbean locations
- FOUR Round Trip Tickets to anywhere in the US
- Various Business Class tickets to Europe
- A flight from the US to the Philipines, with points leftover
- A Flight to Anywhere on Planet Earth. (Most Points Tickets on all the transferable airlines max out at 80k)
- 20 Nights at the Hyatt in Canton, OH.
- Weeks at a night AirBnB
- A Year of free Ubers
- A Trip for Two to Hawaii
…The list goes on and on
However, the Offer will be only 50,000 in a few days, so act quick!